Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer card camp 2: week 3 day 2, embossed die cuts

So today we learned about different ways to enhance die cuts. I chose the embossed die cuts technique. I have wanted to make chocolate bunnies ever since I received this die cut. I cut out 4 bunnies, then used scalloped circle to create teeth marks. I used copper embossing powder first then layered with chocolate scented and colored powder. For the tails I mixed chocolate, light brown and kaleidoscope powders. Wanted to make it a birthday card so I pieced together a sentiment using PTI Piece of Cake stamp set. I also showed a detailed picture of the embossing. It is really glossy and looks like chocolate in real life.Yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Chocolate scented powder? Can you buy that, or did you make it? What a great idea!! The rabbits look like real chocolate when embossed. Very clever of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scented powder I bought from Gel a Tins site, a long time ago. Still has it's scent I was surprised.. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete