Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer card camp 2: week 2 day 1 , circle card & MIM #125 Defined Watercolors card

Today is day one of week 2 of card camp. Today I chose the circle card tutorial and am combining it with the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday technique of defined watercolors. Using the color combo and sketch from card camp. I used stampin up Buckaroo Blue, PTI dark chocolate, PTI simply chartreuse and PTI ripe avocado ink. The stamp image is PTI spiral bouquet. To make the defined watercolor image I borrowed my daughter's watercolor paints and painted on the stamp, before stamping I spritzed with a little water to smudge it a little more. Then I took the coordinating image and stamped just the edges to define the water color image. I love how it turned out.

12 comments:

  1. this is lovely!! I like how you did the watercoloring on the flowers!! Stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. Love the layers and you paper choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Love the blue flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully!! Congrats on the PTI shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I need to dig out that stamp set and show it some love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely, Sheri. Great shape to the card. Matches the position of the blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. Love the watercolor technique.

    ReplyDelete