Tuesday, June 25, 2013

MIM Colored Vellum Flowers

If you know me, you know I love to make cards. I have been so busy lately that I have been away from it for about a year. I am slowly getting back into it. Boy, do you lose creative mojo when not practicing. Well, one of my favorite blogs to go to for inspirations is Nichole Heady's blog.
Nichole is so talented and really gets me inspired. She has a fabulous stamp/ink/paper/goodies line that I adore called Papertrey ink.
So every Monday on her blog she does a Make it Monday tutorial and we can link our cards to win some fun things. It also allows all of us that follow her blog to see what each other make and get even more inspiration. Last MIM challenge was colored vellum flowers. This is what I came up with.

I used the large flower from Friends 'Til the End stamp set. I stamped the image using versamark ink on vellum paper. I did not have plain vellum, so mine actually has some gold flecks in it that also show through the coloring. I then heat set the image in gold embossing powder. I then carefully cut out the image and colored on the vellum using these colored inks from the Papertrey ink line using a q-tip. I used a bright orange from Stampin Up as well to fill in the center of the flower.
   

I used Papertrey Ink's select white cardstock and cut a piece of Pure Poppy cardstock to fit and layer at the bottom. Before attaching the Pure Poppy cardstock I made vertical lines in it to add some texture.
Stamped the sentiment image in True Black ink and tied with a black satin ribbon from my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment